Thursday

Crank'n Out Legit Interiors for a Website

Since I'm a contracted staff member for my people over at Epic Web Studios, they call me up when their clients are in need of super, awesome, amazing looking photos at a moments notice.

I love it when they hit me up, cause the work they find me is real legit, challenging, and extremely important to their client's needs.

(I'm not trying to come off pretentious about it either...  I really do care about that stuff haha.)

And its the best feeling delivering photos that take an already amazing looking website to the next level with pictures that are so clean, consistent, and vibrantly jumping off the screen in color and dimension.

And here's one of the photos of the front entrance from the shoot:

Villa Maria Academy, Erie PA


You could argue up and down with lens correction on this image.
I messed with it's perspective for a bit earlier, but it just made the image look cheap and undynamic with its awesome scale it has to offer.

I went backwards and kept it the way it was shot for the economy of the piece.

My preference and years of aesthetic technique win this argument.
Considering it's my piece of work and that's clearly the way I'm leaning with it haha.

Here's what the two finished photos of mine I took that afternoon look like on their website:





My history with this type of assignment:
I love metering for back lit scenes while illuminating interiors.  One of my first magazine industry staff jobs was to photograph stain glass windows at a Soldiers and Sailors home, but also have the interior completely lit with strobes up each side.  So ideally you would receive a fully evaluated exposure and be able to view and appreciate everything in the frame.

Below is that example from over 3 years ago:
I corrected the perspective for this photograph, because it was featuring the symbols and markings on the stain glass windows in the article.  That was important to see correctly.





No comments:

Post a Comment