Tuesday

Good Conversation Gone Bad and the Boombox Revolution!

It's my belief that you can set up shop anywhere it works.
Even if there's not enough room and you can't do it  ...You can still do it.

I had a studio for two to three years.
It was huge.
Here's a shot of it:


...I rarely photographed editorial in it.
Always traveled to the story.

 I'd be wedged between loading docks for trucks, in tiny kitchens, living rooms, stairwells, the middle of fields, warehouses, hospital rooms, hallways, and even the second floor of a bar in Cleveland that I had to keep making trips to the car to sneak all the strobes, backdrops, poles, and gear through the crowd of people for a head shot...That location wasn't secured either.  I just shot up there, cause that was the guy's favorite bar.

The point is I'm now shooting in my room, office, sleep situation, whatever you wanna call it while I'm trying to relocate the hell out of this town.
I don't own anything else besides equipment for my career other than a six string guitar.  Rarely had I cared to own more.

So I've got some space to work with here:




Today I just wanted to make a quick little film strip sequence with a man and an old phone.
Basically whoever got a hold of me first this afternoon could be the model.

Today it was Dave.

I just told Dave to have a fake conversation going from happy to angry over the phone.
It really only took one take going through it.
He's good at this stuff.








Then we went just went out back to smoke a cigar with half my equipment and an old boombox.
Just kinda moved some stuff around, set him up standing on a stool, and I used the trees and sky as the backdrop.


 I figured this shot was pretty outrageous, he'd use it for facebook, and it turns out that I actually kind of like it for not putting any effort into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment